Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Preacher - oil painting

Preacher - Oil on canvas panel, 16" x 20"

I've wanted to do one of my demon characters in oils for a while. A sketch popped out in Photoshop not too long ago and it presented me with a straight forward idea for a traditional painting. As it's basically a portrait I knew it would not take as long as a multi-figured scene and I knew I could steal enough time away from my commercial work to get it done in a reasonable time frame. If I added up all the sessions on it I think it took around 5 days to complete.

9 comments:

  1. This is incredible. Will prints be available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oleo demora mesmo. Nunca trabalhei, mas já vi pessoas trabalharem com ele. Acho o fato dele demorar a secar um fato importantissimo, pois isto facilita a mistura de cores, o ruim mesmo é quando você quer trocar a cor que colocou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. English, sorry...
    Oil takes it. Never worked, but I've seen people working with him. I think the fact that it takes to dry a really important because it facilitates the mixing of colors, really bad is when you want to change the color you set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that's out of hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG.. i'm 16, and i really want to get as good as you.. your art inspired me to push myself even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete